They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Henri's Girls


Henri's Girls, originally uploaded by prudencebrown121.

Henri Bendel's department store, 5th Avenue NYC gets my vote for not only best, but favorite department store.

I was first introduced to Bendels five years ago while on a birthday girls weekend celebration to NYC. My friend Judy was celebrating her birthday and was kind enough to invite two of us along. The department store showcases magnificent designer clothes, shoes and handbags among a vast and varied variety of accessories.

At that time I purchased a Bendel body cream without the matching candle called Tuberose, which was a combination scent of Jasmine and Rose. After about eight months, like any good obsessive girl I wiped the sides of the bottle clean with a Q-tip and was forced to admit my bottle of tuberose had come to an end and not living in New York City I travelled to the local mall in search of a secondary fragrance all the time never forgetting the intoxicating scent of my Bendel Tuberose.

Bendel's which was started in 1895 by Henri Bendel a milliner was the first to bring Coco Chanel to the US and has long housed many of the finest clothing designers. I recently read that Bendel's has made a decision to stop carrying apparel and instead to focus on accessories, cosmetics and home items such as candles, and much to my surprise I read that Bendels would be opening a store in the King of Prussia mall in Pennsylvania.

I recently returned to Bendel's and much to my delight found the same Bendel body cream, but was disappointed to discover they were sold out of my favorite fragrance the Tuberose; but while on 5th Avenue no visit for the holiday season could be complete without a stop to see Santa. So Santa Baby I said ~ could you please stuff my stocking with Bendel's Tuberose this Christmas? Why my child he said I will bring delights to all of the good girls, but just in case you can't wait - ring up that sleigh and head on over to the new Bendels in the King of Prussia Mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment