They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Saddened by the Loss of Pop Culture

Some days it seems difficult to decide what to write about or focus upon; unemployment, promoting ones blog, questioning Google, figuring out your Adsense account, becoming more computer literate - when suddenly you tune to the radio, internet, tv and hear Michael Jackson dies as well as Farrah Fawcett. Suddenly you are taken back to a time when things were easier, but were they really easier, or did it just seem that way because you were younger and time seemed an eternity.

I remember the first time I watched Charlie's Angels all I thought about for weeks was how wonderful it must be to be a private detective and look as gorgeous as those three women. I was eighteen at the time. I subsequently spent weeks trying to grow my hair so that I to might have that Farrah Fawcett legendary hairstyle and spent countless hours evaluating and reevaluating my major in college.

I remember the first time I watched the Thriller video on MTV. I was working as a waitress and attending classes, I had been invited to a party and was sitting on the edge of a sofa watching what seemed and may be the longest video in history and thinking this video is beyond amazing and fantastic. I subsequently spent countless hours at dance clubs and with friends trying to learn that moonwalk. Surely I thought, I have had 13 years of ballet, 4 years of jazz and 2 years of tap, I can do this; but no matter how hard I tried, or what I tried and try as I might I could not make my moon walk look exactly like Michael Jacksons'. I don't think anyone ever has.

After we are informed of the death of an icon I often find myself reflecting on the sometimes profound affect they have had on my life. So it is with this post in my small way I remember two legendary stars and say thank you to all of the inspiration you have given me. I say thank you for showing me that in the presence of adversity you can push on and do and achieve whatever you are determined to do and in the presence of adversity no matter how difficult the daily grind may become you can face the problems of unemployment, your difficulties with altering templates and changing html code and your troubles with sickness or hardship whichever life may show you.

Thank you Michael and Farrah for your contributions; you will be loved and remembered forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment