They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Sunday, November 1, 2009

This is it

Hard to believe October is past and we are starting November. I start November with one of my first posts as a review of Michael Jackson's "This is it" at theatres everywhere, no matter what country or part of the globe you reside. Now how many films can you make a statement like that about. As usual with Michael the film did not disappoint and was filled with perfection to detail, exalted elements of fantasy and left you feeling filled with a longing to heal the world and make it a better place.

Michael Jackson for me has long been my favorite entertainer and after seeing the footage of what might have been one of the greatest concerts of all time, I was moved to feelings of great sadness. Listening to his soft voice give direction and talk of feeling love for his art of dance and music to his fellow performers and crew, I continue to feel amazement at the force that smoldered inside someone who exuded such a soft and gentle presence. The energy of movement he possessed was remarkably shown when on stage with fellow performers more than half his age. His movements fluid and flawless match his voice, angelic and fevered.

I highly recommend the film "This is it", to be seen not once but several times and even to own. It is something to be savored and cherished. I left the theatre on Halloween night feeling a great sadness for the loss of an icon we have not seen the likes of before and may never see again. Michael we will miss the warmth of your kindness, your spirit and your remarkable talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment