They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Friday, November 5, 2010

Martha's Vineyard


Although peaceful and serene throughout the Vineyard as the locals say, I found nowhere more perfect than the town of Chilmark bordering the small fishing village of Menemsha and Aquinnah.

Chilmark has the highest average property value of any city or town in Massachusetts.

Many of the homes are considered by their owners to be beach cottages and many actually are quite modest. What is spectacular however is the land that surrounds these summer homes.

My friend and I met a wonderful man who invited us to his home on the corner of Squibnocket Road and Storks Nest Lane. We left The Harborview Hotel, our picturesque and luxurious home away from home in Edgartwon and set out on a bus trip to the town of Chilmark where we would find Squibnocket Beach and Squibnocket Pond which were the focal point of our destination.

I spent a lot of time with the camera that day adjusting exposures and shutter speeds and enjoyed every moment of it. I've posted my favorite photos of that day starting with our friend's home .......

No comments:

Post a Comment