They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Work Stuffed with Gravy of the Heart on a Silver Platter ~





Have to post two quotes I came across that I love, on two art forms that I love ~ seems a happy marriage ~

David Sim on writing one of my closest loves, although it constantly breaks my heart and gives me anxiety ~ "When I start the book, I'm The Writer. The Writer bitches for a week about how he never has any fun, he's tired of being funny all the time, and nobody cares about him anyhow. This is followed by a period of deep intense silence, much staring at walls, punctuated by cheery optimism on the order of: 'That's it! I'm Dead! I can't think of an ending! or 'I'm just going to have to scrap the first ten pages-there lousy'. Often it is less coherent than that-reduced to the more succinct , 'Garbage! It's all GARBAGE!

David Victor Sim (born May 17, 1956 in Hamilton, Ontario) is an award-winning Canadiancomic book writer and artist, best known as the creator of Cerebus the Aardvark, a 6,000-page story, published as a monthly comic-book between 1977 and 2004 ~ Wikipedia (see Wikipedia for all pertinent facts and credits) as I have none and am never quite clear on all of the hundreds of laws of copying facts, but do solemnly apologize to Wikipedia for any and all intrusions if there have been any!


.... and from one of my favorite men ~ Oscar Wilde "Art is the most intense mode of individualism the world has known"

Whether one agrees or disagrees with Oscar I've chosen to marry myself to this quote; it is my excuse for posting photos some may love and others just look at and shake their heads, it gives me courage and confidence.

No Photoshop here and no macro; just me and the Lensbaby on a beautiful late Fall day sharing a few intense and possessive moments of nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment