They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Thursday, July 9, 2009

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." Krishnamurti



"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
~ Albert Einstein" (1879 - 1955)

The topic of today's post would be the daily grind, what occurs after the morning alarm goes off.

What happens after your morning alarm blares that deafening sound and you begin the daily pattern, yawning, stretching, bracing yourself for another day? Are you the sort who bounces out of bed anxious to awake with a warm shower and then off to the gym, whistling and sipping your morning coffee as you go; or the moment the dreaded thing rings, do you sit on the edge of the bed wiping the sleep from your eyes pondering day in and day out why you are following this same pattern? I am of the sort that thinks constantly, questioning this and that, wondering
why and where and should I or shouldn't I and maybe, but what if and in the end it seems the answer always comes down to money. Would I do what I am doing if it were not for the almighty president centered in the middle of a piece of paper that has spending power; but there are and have been many times throughout my years on the planet that I feel and think just like the quotations within this post and believe that I resemble my friend Patrick in the photo above.

Like Patrick, my pink friend I put on a happy face, dress myself up, push myself out and start all over again, but as I walk the crooked and confusing road of life, sometimes behind me, I seem to feel the slight nip, nip, nip of the Tasmanian Devil, at my heels, that little bit of "life" chuckling at me with its costly fangs, and its tongue wagging questions regarding health care costs, investments, the mortgage and retirement issues. Sometimes I feel its green little arms ready to reach out and grab my happiness, to pull me down from my perch and strangle the carefully cultivated bits of serenity that have been methodically worked on and placed within my soul. It is during these times I must grab my friend the Tazmanian devil by his shoulders, shake him, refusing him to gain control and reiterate the words of Albert Einstein and show him just who is in charge of their own life!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment