They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

These Boots were made for ........?!


sunlight, originally uploaded by prudencebrown121.

This was one of the first photos I took while taking photography classes and I have had many comments, likes, dislikes and people with disturbed thoughts toward it.

To me it gives off an illusion - and to quote from Mark Twain ~ "Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live."

Do you think this is true? Is music and theatre really not filled with illusion and how would you feel if music and theatre were gone? Are novels and fiction not filled with illusion and would you not miss the fictional word?

Now there are those who believe illusion is not good. I use to write children's stories and often times editors would dismiss a story if the characters were anthropomorphized and some mothers did not want their children growing up reading stories such as Cinderella or Bambi; but as Arthur Miller once said and I can only paraphrase since I do not have the exact quote, it is the job of the intellectual to find the root cause of the illusion. I will post Arthur Miller's exact quote at a later date, just as soon as I can locate it.

~ and thus I end my post on illusion for the day wondering --- does anyone have any thoughts?

1 comment: