They Made Me Do It......I didn't want to Do it ......

Close In On The Cure

Close In On The Cure
fountain at Love Park, Philadelphia, PA turned pink in October for breast cancer awareness

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Regency Cafe

I am so grateful for the small, well actually mid-size cafe which sits on Lansdowne Avenue next to the now closed but petitioned to re-open Lansdowne movie theatre. This cafe has become my home away from home as a solace from an extremely slow internet and a jumping cursor that would rival any young grasshopper.

I was born in Lansdowne and having returned due to rather unusual circumstances was delighted to stumble upon the Regency Cafe at its former location across from the Lansdowne train station. I use to grab my cup of - may I just say - more than delicious coffee and head for the Media local. Always I was amazed that such a cute and innovative cafe was located in Lansdowne and not the city. The owner is among the finest bakers I have ever encountered. His cherry almond scones, blueberry muffins and lemon sugar cookies, oh and the vanilla cupcakes are an orgasmic experience for any pallet. His quiches of all varieties and there are several are light and fluffy, both egg and cheese as well as crust, a true party in your mouth.

There is entertainment once a week, I believe on Thursdays; although I have not had the fortunate experience to attend yet, and there is thankfully and blessedly for me the internet access. I come to this cafe once or twice a week to write, edit my photos and eat; and although I sometimes resemble a potted plant, sitting at a table in the corner, computer plug with its teeth grinding in to the socket they provide for me, everyone is always nice, feeds me well and hasn't chased me yet. As a distressed girl on unemployment who could ask for more than this; oh except maybe a job!

I end todays post with my recommendation as a former owner of a food business to definately visit this creative and unique cafe. If you visit now you can not only access the internet, not only eat until your tummy sings to you, but you can visit the WorldWide Photo Print Exhibit organized by one of the exhibitors John Kelly Green, with outstanding photos by other exhibitors, among my favorites Becky Baxendell and Maura Ciccarelli.

No comments:

Post a Comment